The BC Trucking Association (BCTA), in partnership with the B.C. Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure, proudly announces the third offering of the CleanBC Heavy-Duty Vehicle Efficiency (HDVE) Program. The Province of British Columbia has committed $1.4 million to Year Three of the program that will run from July 21, 2021, to March 31, 2022, or until the funds are fully allocated, whichever comes first.
To be eligible for program incentives, BCTA membership is not required. Companies must meet the full eligibility criteria that are available in the HDVE Program Guide, including:
- Must have one or more heavy-duty commercial vehicles in their fleet with a gross vehicle weight greater than 11,794 kilograms.
- Vehicle must be licensed and insured to operate in B.C.
- Must have an NSC with a satisfactory rating
- Must conduct business in the province with a terminal located in B.C.
- Note: Companies that have had a company representative complete and pass the CleanBC Heavy-duty Vehicle Efficiency Program Course in either 2019, 2020 or 2021 do not need to take the course again to be eligible to apply for Program Incentives in 2021/22, providing they have the same NSC (rental companies are not required to have an NSC).
CleanBC HDVE Program Course
Applicants must also successfully complete the free, pre-requisite CleanBC HDVE Program Course that describes the benefits of using different fuel-saving technologies and practices for the NSC company the vehicle(s) included in the application are registered under. This half-day course, which is offered by webinar and in-person, teaches participants how to develop a Fuel-Management Program for any size fleet, incorporating measures to improve fuel economy. The course also demonstrates how to develop a baseline of fuel consumption and track progress as part of the company’s program. Visit the BCTA website for upcoming course dates and to register.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants are eligible to apply for CleanBC HDVE Program Incentives, featuring rebates on the purchase and installation of qualifying fuel-saving equipment (PDF link). Incentive amounts are up to $15,000 per vehicle and up to $100,000 per fleet for purchase and installation of approved fuel-saving equipment and technology. Click here (PDF link) for the Year Three application form.
Please note, that BCTA will confirm receipt of all applications submitted electronically within 2 business days. Should you not receive a response within 2 business days, it is your responsibility to follow up with BCTA to confirm receipt of your application.
All applications are to be submitted either in-person to the BCTA Office (20111 93A Avenue, Langley BC V1M 4A9), or by way of email at CleanBC@bctrucking.com.
For more information on the CleanBC HDVE Program, please contact Cory Paterson, BCTA Vice President at 604-888-5319 or CoryP@BCTrucking.com.